Saturday, November 27, 2021

$25 Fill a Bag - Small Business Saturday

Here is my bag. I filled it. Dog for scale.

     I find myself back again at the Paperback Exchange Book Store in New Port Richey. It's their fault I'm back, they told me it would $25 fill a bag, and they provide the bag. Nice canvas one too, with pockets. There were a few rules:
  1. No "Rare" books. You know because it says rare on the price sticker.
  2. Has to be at least 3 years old
  3. Can't have the "No Credit" sticker on it
  4. Has to be over 25 books as all white sticker books are $1 each all day
  5. Rare books are BOGO
   In total I put 64 books in my bag that qualified. I could have fit at least 10-15 more in there easily, but I didn't want to take advantage. Some of the books I had in the bag had a sticker on them for over $15, so I felt like those few books alone, the value was more than met. The mathematician in me says it was right around .40 cents a book, which is right around Yard Sale pricing... my favorite! 


Some really cool old pulp short story mags from the 60's and 70's. There was TONS more of these, but they were from the 80's un through the 90's.


     Random selection of old paperbacks in varying conditions. Some beat up Zelazny to spice it up.


     Lot of crusty and decent condition Heinlein. The Starman Jones really caught my eye. Not in the best shape, but have never seen it in the wild before. Around this time the owner handed me an Asimov 60's BCE hardcover that I already had and passed on.


    Some really not bad examples of early Asimov, with the End of Eternity the standout. There were about 10 mixed Sci-Fi short story collection books edited by him that I picked up as well.


     Some nice old Lazer PB's, Neuromancer, and a lot of random stuff that I have but I know has a little bit of value. Couldn't pass on the ACE double, even though it is already in my collection. 


That's it! Stay tuned for more book adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment