Saturday, March 9, 2024

Ebay Store & More! (Life Update)

 Our new puppy, Gizmo

Where has the time gone? Hard to believe it is March already, and I've been super busy with work, as it's Tampa Bay Beer Week. I've been sick since Wednesday, so been doing light duty at work, catching up paperwork and attending events in the evenings. We got a new puppy! He is about 8 months old and now and his name is Gizmo, and is a Shi-Poo, so he will stay tiny like Ollie. 

Ebay Purgatory

    I decided to let go of a few of my books, and we have always sold a few here and there when we needed some money.. even if I did just spend it all on more books. It's getting to the point where I have 2-3 copies of different books, multiple printings and editions of the same title. Truth be told, the book cases are overflowing and the closets are full with boxes of more of the same. I picked up over 500 books last year alone! My wife is going to head up this project by listing and researching, and I'll support her by continuing the hobby and finding more rare books out in the wild. Don't worry, I'll still be holding on to the real valuable stuff, and things that are near and dear to me. I'm not selling out, just thinning the herd. 
   Why now? Dune 2 is coming out, and had me thinking about how popular my Dune Price Guide post does around the release of movies, and new books at the store or online cost more and more. I have more Dune books than I can count.. Why not list a few? My wife was looking for a hobby on the side, so it made sense. Hobbit and Lord of the Rings is another hot button, there is NO shortage of old and vintage Hobbit and LOTR books out there, I pick up some all the time. 

Click the picture above to see what's currently for sale. Just a heads up, some of the books are pretty rare, so will go fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment