Sunday, November 28, 2021

Forgotten in my trunk for a year. What's in the bag?

Whats in the bag!? Two posts in two days!?
 
     Left for dead in the trunk, a lot of things were rattling around back there when I've been driving to work for my new job. I decided today would be the day I clean out the car and get it looking nice. Washed, waxed and vacuumed, I tackled the trunk. Still full of random brick-a-brack from my last job and the recent move, I filled a huge trash can in no time, when I saw a goodwill bag in the back. The last time I went to goodwill for books was over a year ago, so this was indeed buried treasure. 

Behold! Random crusty books!

     Lots of Feist and Brooks.. maybe I was trying to save them from the dumpster. Everything had been baked by my trunk for a hot minute and had deteriorated in quality over the last year, tumbling around and shaking loose any still or loose bits of paper. I was interested in The Dosadi Experiment, but it looked like experiments had been performed on it already. Check out the condition of this early printing Sword of Shannara..


     Still readable, just seen some oil spillage, a full beatdown, and spent some time in the gulag that was my trunk for over a year. My wife will most likely read this so I will state that yes, I will be keeping this book, it's family now. Just need some more bookcases and my hostile takeover of the house will be complete.

Until next time bibliophiles..

No comments:

Post a Comment