Sunday, January 10, 2016

I bought someone's collection.


     I typically cruise craigslist about twice a week for books. Almost always, I find nothing. I've only been lucky around five times on craigslist in six or so years, and it was someone advertising from a flea market or garage sale. As the title suggests, I did indeed buy someones small, 160+ book collection for $20.00.









     Kid moved out, dad tried to get in to some of the R. A. Salvatore books, and said they were a little too violent for his taste. He was asking $40, and said he had 142 books, and he happened to be only three block away from my house. I pulled a $20 from the ATM at 711, pulled up to his house five minutes later and offered half of what he was asking. He was very happy to take it, said they were taking up too much damned room in his garage. I took the boxes and put them in the car and started to drive away, when he called me. "Come back, I found another box and some loose ones." I turned around, and he left them in a pile in the middle of his driveway for me to take.

   
     Unfortunately my camera on my phone is really blurry lately, except for close up images, so I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I normally would. I did take the blurry one above, and one more..


     A book mark from a book store/cafe in North Carolina called Bogarts. Almost all of the hard covers had one of their multicolored book marks, and their stickers were on almost all of the books, which I had to take off. I guess I'm plugging a place I've never been, but their website is cool, and I wish we had a book cafe in SWFL. http://www.bogartsbookstore.com/

    This adds a significant amount of books to the book case in my office, that already contained 450ish books, so I will be buying another two bookcases in the coming months. I'll do a collection update after I get my phone fixed, I've picked up a few hundred more books since October of last year.



No comments:

Post a Comment