Sunday, March 3, 2013

What is your favorite book? Mine is..

  
    It's strange to some people, but The Club Dumas is my go-to book. I have read it no more than fifty times, and every time I have found something that I did not fully understand or was important to later events. It's not valuable, or rare, but just one of the best books I have ever read.

     I'll give you a quick time line; Before the movie The 9th Gate came, I saw the preview and loved what I saw. At the end of the trailer there was a blurb about it being based on the book. So, I went and got the book, read it, and read it again. I watched the movie five or six times. Since that fabled moment I have owned five copies of the book and given them all away only to buy another one a week later. I vowed if anyone asked about the book I would give it to them just so everyone could read it and hopefully like it as much as I did.

     As for the movie, I did like the movie very much, but not enough to watch it fifty times.

No comments:

Post a Comment