Friday, May 3, 2013

This Weekend's Updates, May Posts, Q&A


     It's no secret I have not been going book hunting lately. I have read your emails and comments on facebook. I have every intention of going out hunting this weekend and getting some really great shit.

Saturday: Garage Sales if it does not rain. If it does, Ill hit some book stores in the area.
Sunday: It's always Flea Market on Sunday. I'll see if I cant get a good post together with some great finds.

     I have got a few cool things on Amazon, like the Dune first edition paperback for $4.00 and a Neuromancer first edition for the same price. Two great finds, but shipping sucks and takes forever to get to your house. I'll try to brush up more on those things later.

     As far as updates for May, I'm going to try and stick to this mobil app on the surface tablet and do more updates from the phone and tablet on the road. I think it will keep me interested and have more to write about. I can only take so many pictures of books laying around my house and write intesting articles about them. I do have some more "in house" articles lined up for the weekdays, but you know I just want to get out there and hunt down some great first editions.

     I like to try and answer everyone's comments and emails as quickly as I can, and I hope I'm doing a good job. Ill answer a few quick common questions I get in these emails below.

How many books do you own?
Thousands. I don't have a real count, but from the ones in my catalog its over 2700.

What camera do you use?
An iPhone, and sometimes a Kodak easy share camera that is pretty old.

Can I buy things from you I see in your posts?
No, unless I post them on ebay with the link to the auction.

What do you do for a living?
I design beer placements and sets for a national beer distributor.

Are you rich or something?
I don't know why, But I have heard this a few times. No, not by a long shot, but I do alright. My job pays me good, has great benefits, and allows me freedom and travel expenses to have that freedom.

Best beer ever?
Hopslam by Bells. Hands down, no one has made a better beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment